I don’t know if you’ve received it yet however there’s a bail out America – email being circulated that gives a wall street bail out alternative.
However before I decided to post the the information in the email I did a little research to see if it contained accurate data. You may be surprised at what I found.
First, here’s a copy of the email:
Subject: How Big Is Wal-Mart?
This should boggle your mind!!
And scare you as well!
HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
1 . At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2 . This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can’t speak English
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago .
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart
13 Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street
End of Message
Knowing there are a lot of Wal-Mart bashers I checked to make sure this wasn’t just another hoax. So I did a little Wal-Mart Snooping and found a site that had already researched the figures -
Because it looks like most of the information in the email is true and because item 5 points out that Wal-Mart is America’s largest non-government employer, item 9 states it sells more food than any other store in the world and item 12 gives 1 reason why Wal-Mart is doing so well, it is easy to understand why so many think Wal-Mart is going to play a big part in America’s future.
Now remember what happened in the 1993 American action film starring Sylvester Stallone, “Demolition Man?”
Taco Bell was the only restaurant.
Think something like that could be in America’s future with Wal-Mart being the only food store or retail store?
Scary thought isn’t it?
Now while I don’t really think the Wall Street bailout alternative of letting Wal-Mart do it will ever happen I do think we as consumers need to be aware of what’s happening.
To Your Success,